Castille Labs is looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development life cycle, from concept and design to testing.
This opportunity is open for Local (Mauritians) and Regional candidates.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- At least 5 years’ experience in Java Enterprise Programming
- BSc (Hons) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (JAX-WS, Transaction management, JMS, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA, Hibernate)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience in telecoms would be considered an asset