A main player in the Financial Services industry is seeking to employ a Senior Fund Accountant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing Net Asset Value Calculations and the processing of Subscription and Redemption activity for multiple funds including Anti-money Laundering and Compliance Procedures
- Review and Preparation of Financial Statements compliant with IFRS
- Liaising with the Funds' Managers, Investors, Bankers, Independent Auditors and Other Service Providers to the Funds
- Review compliance with company defined checklists, procedures and controls
- Assist team development by providing guidance, training and mentoring to Fund Accountants, setting their goals and monitoring performance
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently
- Communicate any significant issues that arise to the Operations Manager
- Establishing a strong relationship with the clients, assist with day to day requests and respond to their needs
- Regulatory Reporting
The selected applicant must have the following Profile:
- In possession of a university degree in Accountancy or have attained the ACCA qualification.
- Two years fund administration related work experience. Experience in the local market will be considered an asset.
- Very good knowledge of excel and word
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- A strong interest to learn and develop a strong career in fund administration in Malta.