A licensed financial institution offering payment services across multiple channels is seeking to employ a Senior Fraud Analyst.
Job duties include:
- Identify and accurately track current fraud trends from merchant’s transaction data.
- Review fraud alerts being triggered and re-calibrate the rules library as necessary.
- Develop anti-fraud rules whilst continuously monitoring their efficiency and identify required changes to the rules library.
- Create and update fraud policies and procedures.
- Provide training to the fraud monitoring analysts on the actions to be taken on the alerts triggered by the fraud monitoring system.
- Daily merchant transaction monitoring, communicating with merchants on fraud issues, providing advice on fraud prevention, mitigation and reduction measures.
- Monitor merchant performance against Card Scheme Requirements and internal thresholds.
- Ensure that the merchants are aware of potential breaches and that necessary actions are taken.
- Take immediate action on any notifications and reporting requirements received by the card schemes to ensure compliance with their regulations.
- Provide stats and reports to management on fraud performance.
- Analyse fraud performance and industry news to identify potential fraud threats to the organization and taking necessary prevention measures.
- Work with various teams within the company to develop and initiate long-term solutions for fraud mitigation and compliance.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Preferably a degree or diploma in Banking & Finance, Statistics or related discipline.
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Comfortable when working with high volumes of transactions.
- Be naturally inquisitive - able to spot unusual payment requests and account activity anomalies.
- Team player and willing to collaborate.
- Organised, diligent and attentive to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of SQL will be considered as a benefit.
- 'Can do' attitude, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.