Senior Financial Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Financial Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Justina Zammit|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 15:22|
An Aviation company offering Aircraft services is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its team, reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for:
- Developing/ maintaining a deep understanding of the business and its performance and explaining key trends to management
- Delivery of monthly management reporting packs including a monthly flash forecast which estimates monthly results and cash flows within three working days from month-end and monthly board packs, setting out detailed analysis of monthly results, cash flows and balance sheet with trend and budget variance analysis and explanations.
- Be responsible for developing, maintaining and continuously improving financial models for the detailed analysis of financial results, balance sheet and cash flows for management reporting purposes as well as a budgeting model for use by the business in setting expectations, managing performance, controlling costs and reporting variances at a cost centre and GL code level.
- Feed/guide the accounting teams with the necessary financial estimates required for the month-end accounting process.
- Lead/develop a team of junior analysts to assist in the delivery of the above tasks
Skills and Experience
- Must have an accounting background and possess an Accounting degree. Must be very comfortable with all aspects of financial accounting and financial reporting.
- An energetic and focussed self-starter who can work on his/her own initiative, quickly understand the business at a detailed level and develop the tools for financial planning and analysis from scratch.
- Must have experience working in an international corporate environment and comfortable reporting at the level required by sophisticated users of financial information.
- Should have strong written presentation/ reporting skills and have the ability to explain financial trends / results of financial analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Must be very proficient in Microsoft Excel and its use in advanced data analytics and data manipulation.
- Should have the ability to quickly familiarise themselves with accounting systems (should ideally have a good working knowledge of SAP) and Business Intelligence tools and be able to navigate the systems to find relevant data to assist in the analysis.