About Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit
Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills relation to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial skills, compliance and others.
The eventual appointee will be joining the Finance team in the analysis of information required for regulatory purposes. Reporting into the Deputy Head- Finance within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Undertake analytical duties related to compliance by licence holders in line with their statutory obligations emanating from their operating licences;
- Carry out on-going off-site surveillance on licence holders;
- Monitor the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards by licence holders;
- Participate in on-site compliance visits of licence holders;
- Act as a reference to other staff members and will be also required to involve himself/herself in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time;
- Report on the outcome of the different assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accountancy, or a finance professional.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
The applicant is also to possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of insurance or pensions finance. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.