Our client is looking to evolve their teams to a model where they support what they build. The Work will include both new feature development and ongoing operational support for those same solutions. Within the team structure, you will have a key role in developing new business capabilities while increasing the system’s reliability, scalability and operational efficiency through automation.
In this role, you will use a diverse set of technical expertise including
- Java development skills
- DevOps tooling
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Cloud computing
- Infrastructure engineering to provide outstanding customer experiences.
Beyond your technical qualification, you will also have a healthy combination of cross-group collaboration skills, communication and relationship building skills.
- 3-5 years software development experience with Java
- 3-5 years Cloud Operations/DevOps experience on AWS.
- Strong knowledge/experience with microservices and use/ orchestration of containers (e.g. Docker, Marathon/Mesos, Kubernetes, Fargate)
- Familiarity with API standards like Swagger, PlantUML
- Logging and Monitoring Telemetry (e.g. ELK, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch)
- Experience in software development life cycle activities designing, supporting and deploying systems comprising one or more of the following: Cassandra, Kafka, DynamoDB
- CI/CD Pipeline experience (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Strong practical Linux administration skills in a cloud environment
- Experience with test automation tools (mocha, selenium, phantom.js, etc.)
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential
- Experience with Jira and helpdesk tools (Remedy, PIER, ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Service Management) – incident management, problem management, release management.