24,000 -29, 000
16 days ago
A global financial services firm is looking for a senior associate to work in compliance in their Malta offices. The primary focus of the role will be that of providing compliance support to an established portfolio of fund clients in Malta.
The selected candidate will be working closely with the Head of Client Regulatory Services.
Job duties include:
- Monitoring and interpreting new regulations which could impact clients;
- Assisting in the drafting and implementing of policies and procedures for regulated funds,
- Maintenance of regulatory registers for clients and ensuring updating of same;
- Preparing compliance reports and assisting in the implementation of the compliance monitoring plan;
- Assisting in the carrying out of onsite visits and drafting of relevant reports;
- Handling correspondence with regulatory authorities.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- University Degree (MQF Level 6) or a professional qualification related to Law, Banking or Investment Services;
- Experience in compliance within financial services, preferably funds with at least 2 years’ experience in compliance;
- Knowledgeable in the applicable laws and regulations and their application particularly, AIFMD, UCITS, MiFID and GDPR;
- Be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines whilst keeping an eye on detail;
- Possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess good organisational skills and be capable of working in a team;
- Have excellent analytical and time management skills.