Our client is urgently recruiting 2 experienced Senior Client Administrator cum Accountant within the offshore sector or in a management/ trust company. The candidate will ideally be ACCA qualified or part qualified with solid administration experience dealing with GBC1 and GBC2 companies.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible to administer the affairs of a portfolio of clients in accordance with the Company’s procedures and provide assistance with supervisory tasks and projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for achieving a high standard of client service ensuring that client expectations are met.
- Develop relationships with clients and intermediaries so as to be seen as the first point of contact on all routine matters.
- Be aware of risk factors and refer upwards, exercising judgment as to when help is needed from senior staff.
- Develop a sound working knowledge of the Company’s offering and be able to promote these to clients.
Day to Day Administration
- Take primary responsibility for the timely delivery of administration and accounting services to a complex portfolio of trusts and companies.
- Ensure accurate and detailed records are maintained for all client structures within the portfolio.
- Ensure turnaround time relating to client correspondence is as short as possible.
- Attend client meetings when required and prepare relevant meeting material.
- Ensure that outstanding review points are dealt with within the set time frame.
- Preparation of financial statements and accounting reports under IFRS/IAS framework for client entities.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Preparation of corporate income tax returns, APS, PAYE, TDS, VAT and other.
- Review draft financial statements and deal with outstanding points within the set time frame.
- Follow the correct procedures and controls throughout the life of a structure.
Staff Training and Development
- Provide others with such information and training/coaching as may be required based on relative experience.
- As required, act as mentor for new joiners, especially in relation to internal policies and procedures.
Compliance and Regulation
- Maintain an awareness of the legal and regulatory framework abroad.
- Understand and apply the Company’s compliance policies and procedures in respect of sanctions, AML and Anti-Bribery.
- Report suspicious transactions and complaints in accordance with the procedures and guide colleagues if needed.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures, ensuring they are adhered to in the course of day to day activities.
- Work with management to develop appropriate processes and procedures.
- Review WIP for fee approval for own portfolio.
- Regularly review debtors and take action to recover debts within agreed timeframes.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience within the offshore sector or in a management company
- ACCA qualified or part qualified
- Solid administration experience dealing with GBC1 and GBC2 companies
- Experience essential in both Client Administration & Accounting
- Be a perfect communicator in both English and French
- Ability to meet timely scales, tight deadlines and focus on tasks completion