Senior Client Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Client Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Noorina Abdoulraman|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2019 10:47|
An independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognised for its commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for Global Business is looking for a Senior Client Accountant.
Purpose of the job
- Provide support and assistance to the Directors, Managers and Administrators.
- Accurately process accounting records and prepare financial statements in accordance with IFRS or other designated accounting framework(s).
- Review the work of and coach the Accountant(s) / Assistant Accountant(s) and/or Junior Accountant(s).
Conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Take responsibility for an allocated portfolio of clients.
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts.
- Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and client service expectations.
- Provide support to the Line of Service Management team on policies and processes to enable the team to work more efficiently.
- Review banks, and any other reconciliation.
- Review VAT, TDS returns and Tax Computations for clients as prepared by Accountant(s) / Assistant Accountant(s) / Junior Accountant(s) and prepare such returns for more complex clients.
- File financial statements, tax returns and other statutory returns within deadlines.
- Provide accounting support to Accounting staff and assist with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time.
- Prepare management accounts and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS or other designated accounting framework(s).
- Review the work of and provide guidance to the Accountant(s) / Assistant Accountant(s) / Junior Accountant(s) whenever required.
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
- Assist the Manager by providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to: -Supporting the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Assistant Manager.
- Execute the Accounting processes whilst ensuring an optimal level of efficiency at all times.
- Comply with all information security policies, procedures and guidelines in place at the company to ensure information security.
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on the company, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of the company, its employees and its clients.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to A level or degree standard.
- ACCA/ACA qualified or be suitably qualified by virtue of relevant experience.
- +5 years’ experience in preparing client accounts would be desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Advanced level).
- Strong technical skills in the relevant area.
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience with exposure to Global Businesses.
- Willingness to learn NAV, Efront systems and Value Financials software.
Find more Jobs in Mauritius