A Corporate Services provider operating in multiple jurisdictions is currently looking for a Senior Client Accountant to join its team.
- Provide client accounting, tax compliance (where appropriate) and other services to an allocated client portfolio which includes the production of financial statements for companies, trusts and/or other legal entities.
- Prepare interim reports, management accounts and statutory annual accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Assist other team members and review their work when required.
- Applying standard procedures to facilitate the rendering of quality services to clients in a consistent, effective and efficient manner and exercising quality control to ensure that all accounting reports conform to set standards.
- Carrying out on a timely basis all necessary administrative tasks.
- Ensure that client accounting files are organized and complete.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients and with other functions (e.g. administrators, lawyers, associates, etc.).
- Record all time spent accurately to facilitate invoicing and internal reporting.
- Provide assistance with any required analysis work and special projects as required.
- Contribute to the achievement of the team’s Key Performance indicators.
- Identify and contribute to the mitigation of risks.
- Additional duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
Skills and experience
- Have a recognised professional accounting qualification.
- Have a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, to include the preparation of annual financial statements, ideally within the financial services industry.
- Knowledge and experience of working under Malta and/or international company law, specifically as to holding and finance vehicles, financing, corporate transactions, incorporation and liquidation would be an advantage.
- Experience in producing IFRS and/or GAPSE financial statements and/or consolidations would be an advantage.
- Be fluent in English and have strong writing skills in English language.
- Be computer literate with good knowledge of all MS Office packages. Be highly organised with a systematic work method. Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines is a prerequisite.
- Ability to work with teams involved in multiple disciplines across different locations
- Ability to deal with both operational/procedural and client issues
- Be pro-active, motivated and flexible.
- The ability to take ownership of individual issues and ensure they are resolved to the satisfaction of the internal or external clients