€35,000 - €40,000
18 days ago
A Leading international firm is looking for a Senior Client Accountant to head the accounting team, provide additional managerial resource, and to assist in client servicing through the preparation of financial statements and review/supervise work performed by the accounting team.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Liaise closely and primarily with the Head of Client Service and the administration team with regards to clients’ requirements from an accounting perspective.
- Head the accounting team as the direct line manager.
- Prepare and review financial statements including Tax and/or VAT returns where applicable for both Malta and IOM entities.
- Assist all the Malta accounting team members with any queries, assign work and specific tasks and review/supervise the work undertaken.
- Assist IOM accounting team as required with regards to general accounting issues.
- Liaise with the administration team to obtain information and supporting documentation to allow for the timely preparation of financial statements and statutory returns.
- Ensure that all the tasks within the assigned portfolio of clients are completed in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Provide general assistance on finance matters including payroll and general statutory requirements to all staff members as required.
- Liaise with auditors on Malta company accounts.
- Assist the Managing Director and Head of Client Service in reviewing and assessing the requirement for additional members of staff and assist in shortlisting and interviewing possible candidates.
- Assist the Head of Client Service with reviewing and solving high level queries and/or complaints received from clients.
- Review and approve vacation leave for Malta accounting team and oversee general absence incl. sick leave.
- Assist the Head of Client Service and the Managing Director in the preparation of the board reports and other specific requests that may arise in relation to board issues.
- Signatory on specific client bank accounts if required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director and/or the Head of Client Service.
- Health Insurance
- Free Parking
- Yearly performance bonus
- Extended Leave days