Senior C# developer
|Job Title:||Senior C# developer|
|Contact Name:||Neeshta Hurreeram|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2018 08:26|
Our Client is a financial consultancy firm working for an industry-leading global financial data company.
They are looking for a developer to join a team of talented developers at our Johannesburg office in Mauritius. The role involves the development of financials backoffice systems for international banks and financial institutions. You'll be working in a team of developers, spread across South Africa, United Kingdom, Mauritius and New Zealand, building SaaS products and bespoke software for our clients. Most of the time you'll be collaborating closely with your fellow developers, but sometimes you might need to fly solo on a small project.
- A developer working on the front and backend of systems
- Involvement in all aspects of the project life cycle. Comfortable with taking ownership of a project and running with the project.
- A passionate developer that enjoys being a developer.
- A developer with an eye for detail and care about user experience.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- C# (at least v4.0)
- Practical production level ASP.NET MVC or ASP.NET WebAPI experience
- SQL Server – Database design, querying and optimisation
- Object Relational Mapping production level exposure, ideally NHibernate or Entity Framework
- Quality assurance practices using Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development, code reviews experience
- Proficient in using source control, either through Git, Mercurial, SVN or TFS
Nice to have:
- Exposure to continuous integration using TeamCity or Jenkins
- Practiced continuous deployment using Octopus or UDeploy.
- Comfortable in server administration for tools like IIS, nginx, SQL Server, Windows Server and Ubuntu Server
- Exposure in using tools like Quartz.NET, TopShelf and Windows Identity Foundation
- AngularJS, Angular (2.0 or later) or ReactJS or EmberJS
What you will learn from the role:
- Automation. We try and automate as much as possible to streamline our processes. This includes continuous integration and deployment
- Testing. Quality is very important to us, and through automated testing we strive to keep the quality of our systems as high as possible.
- Working with huge sets of data, both using SQL Server and other databases
- Lean project management
- A deep understanding of C# as a language and its usage.
- The potential for learning and working in another language like Java, Python or Scala.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's