Senior Analyst (Unauthorised Business) within Enforcement
|Job Title:||Senior Analyst (Unauthorised Business) within Enforcement|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 12:51|
Enforcement is responsible for reviewing the actions and where necessary conducting investigations of licence holders who have or are suspected of having committed serious compliance failures, serious misconduct or any other serious breaches of the law. This function has a cross sectorial enforcement role and covers all areas falling under the MFSA’s supervisory function. Enforcement furthermore investigates the actions of persons carrying on financial services activities without having the necessary licence or authorisation. Enforcement investigates also suspicious or dubious schemes and takes the appropriate action in such cases, including reporting suspicion of criminal activities to the police.
The eventual appointee will works closely with and support senior management within Enforcement. The duties of the Senior Analyst shall primarily be the investigation of persons carrying on financial services activities without having the necessary licence or authorization. The Senior Analyst will also be responsible for the review of actions and where necessary the conduct of investigations of financial services licence holders or other authorized persons and /or their officials who have or are suspected of having committed serious compliance failures, serious misconduct or any other serious breaches of applicable laws, regulations, rules or other regulatory requirements.
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Analyst (Enforcement) shall include:
- Investigation of unauthorised business and related enforcement action;
- Investigation of licence holders and related enforcement action;
- Coordination and cooperation with supervisory units;
- Discussing investigative strategy with senior management;
- Collection of information, documentation and evidence;
- Attending meetings with licence holders and unauthorised persons under investigation;
- Conducting on-site investigation visits and surprise inspections;
- Analysing, assessing and discussing findings of investigations;
- Identifying breaches or wrongdoing;
- Preparing investigation reports, memos and correspondence;
- Consideration of representations received and discussing with senior management;
- Preparation of memos for submission to the Supervisory Council;
- Following up on decisions of the Supervisory Council;
- Attending court sittings as necessary;
- Investigation of dubious and/or fraudulent activities or schemes;
- Investigation of financial crime and referral to the police;
- Internet searches and investigations;
- Preparation of notices and warnings to the public;
- Preparation of reports to the police and attending meetings with the police;
- Other duties and tasks as may be assigned by senior management.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in financial services or in law or in another related background, a sound knowledge of financial services legislation and familiarity with the financial services regulatory framework and a relevant Post-Graduate Degree would be considered as an advantage.
You will also possess work experience in the area of financial services ideally with experience in AML/CFT compliance environment or in law. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Analyst (Enforcement) within Enforcement
Senior Analyst (Funds, Offsite) within Securities and Markets Supervision
Analyst (Policy) within Banking Supervision Unit
Analyst (Investment Firms) within Conduct Supervision
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit