About Authorisation Unit
Authorisation (AU) is responsible for the processing of applications of entities proposing to carry out activities in the areas of banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Company Service Providers. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta. The Authorisation, with a staff complement of 35, is the entry point for a regulated entity to operate in Malta. AU is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different academic backgrounds.
The Senior Analyst will:
- Demonstrate a good practical knowledge of the Trusts and CSPs regulatory Framework
- Responsible for monitoring and processing of applications/appointments/amendments to licences;
- Dealing with regulatory enquiries as required;
- Participation in meetings with potential applicants;
- Acting as reference to other staff members;
- Carrying out work related to EU developments;
- Liaising with other regulatory Units within MFSA, applicants and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Participating in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific issues that arise from time to time
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Trusts.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working in financial services.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.