The eventual appointee will be:
- Responsible for processing of applications/appointments/amendments etc to licences;
- Responsible to monitor deadlines in the processing of applications and other work within the function area;
- Carrying out second reviews of application reviews;
- Co-Ordination of the Processing of Passporting notifications in terms of the relevant EU Directives;
- Dealing with regulatory enquiries;
- Participation and co-Ordination of meetings;
- Act as reference to other staff members;
- Carry out work related to EU developments;
- Liaising with other regulatory Units within MFSA.
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of Authorisation and the Authority.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in a financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working in a related area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
- First line regulatory experience in authorisations, supervision or enforcement
- Technical knowledge in at least one market sector
- Strong verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Analytical capability and judgement to identify risk
- Ability to work under pressure
- Motivation and interest in developing skills and knowledge