The Role of Senior Analyst
The eventual appointee will be joining the Compliance and Risk Management team to assist the team in the onsite and offsite prudential supervision of insurance and pensions licence holders. Reporting into the Deputy Director – Compliance and Risk Management team within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- The review, assessment and analysis of the effectiveness of the risk management framework systems (comprising strategies, processes and reporting procedures necessary to identify, measure, monitor, manage and report on a continuous basis the risks to which the license holder is exposed) adopted/developed by license holders as well as effectiveness of business continuity management plans.
- The on-going development of a risk management tool used by the Insurance & Pensions Supervision Unit to determine the overall risk imposed by licence holders being supervised.
- The continuing development and enhancement of the Risk Assessment Framework.
- Calculating and assessing of Key Risk Indicators.
- S/he will also be required to provide technical support in the evaluation of internal models and Own Risk and Solvency Assessment of insurance licence holders.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in risk management, or in a financial services related discipline.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- The applicant is also to possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of insurance preferably in risk management. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.