Our client is looking for applicants with a strong academic and career background to maintain its pool of technical expertise in applied economics and finance. The eventual appointee will be appointed at a middle-management level and will form part of a multidisciplinary team of analysts within the Regulatory Development Unit.
- A University Honours Degree in Economics or a comparable recognised qualification
- A related Post-Graduate Degree
You will have proven work experience in one or more of the following:
- Risk and/or quantitative analysis, including econometric modelling related to financial services, with a minimum of five (5) years and preferably eight (8) years experience
- Experience in financial stability or macro-related work will be considered an asset
- Sound knowledge of financial services legislation and familiarity with the financial services regulatory framework and experience within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment preferably for a minimum of four (4) years
- Familiarity with the SSM Regulation and the SSM Framework Regulation.
- demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the area of securities.
- In-depth knowledge of regulation, principles and best practice in the area of Insurance and/or Pensions
- Prepare analytical reports, briefings and policy-related documents on financial, economic and regulatory issues related to the Unit’s areas of responsibility;
- Contribute to specific work streams for the development of effective regulatory frameworks and systems to meet the company's objectives;
- Contribute to the Company's capacity to process and analyse qualitative and quantitative information;
- Conduct quantitative projects including econometric and financial modelling;
- Provide analytical input in relation to various regulatory issues and initiatives related to the Unit’s areas of responsibility based on the relevant expertise;
- Research and monitor financial market innovation and/or financial stability risk and/or other supervisory trends and developments falling within the assigned areas of responsibility;
- Prepare technical papers;
- Review and provide technical feedback on working documents;
- Participate in and/or lead working groups responsible for particular projects; and
- Attend technical meetings at EU, National and inter-Unit level.