The Role of Senior Analyst
The eventual appointee will be joining the Finance team in the analysis of information required for regulatory purposes. Reporting into the Deputy Head- Finance within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Undertake analytical duties related to compliance by licence holders in line with their statutory obligations emanating from their operating licences;
- Carry out on-going off-site surveillance on licence holders;
- Monitor the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards by licence holders;
- Participate in on-site compliance visits of licenceholders;
- Act as a reference to other staff members and will be also required to involve himself/herself in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time;
- Report on the outcome of the different assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accountancy, or a finance professional.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- The applicant is also to possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of insurance or pensions finance. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.