The eventual appointee will be joining the Finance team in the analysis of information required for regulatory purposes in the area of pensions. Reporting into the Deputy Head- Finance within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Undertake analytical duties related to compliance by pensions licence holders in line with their statutory obligations emanating from their operating licences.
- Carry out on-going off-site surveillance on licence holders.
- Monitor the level of compliance with applicable regulatory standards by licence holders and eventually the regulatory obligations emanating from the Pensions legal framework.
- Participate in on-site compliance visits of pensions licence holders.
- Act as a reference to other staff members and will be also required to involve himself/herself in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time
- Report on the outcome of the different assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in accounting, or a finance professional, or in pensions.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- The applicant is to possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of pensions finance. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.