About Conduct Supervision
Conduct Supervision is responsible for the setting up and implementation of the regulatory framework aiming to secure appropriate consumer protection in operations of licence holders in the financial services industry. The Conduct Supervision section is a relatively newly-formed team which is assumes a cross-sectorial function covering under its remit supervision in conduct of banks, investment firms, trustees, company service providers, as well as the insurance sector.
Within this role you will be joining the Corporate Services Providers team in the review of conduct of the respective licence holders. Reporting to the Senior Manager within Conduct Supervision, you will be carrying out the following tasks:
- Participating in and leading onsite supervision inspections to verify that registered Company Service Providers are meeting the requirements of the Company Service Providers Act and the relevant rules issued by the MFSA;
- Mentoring and managing junior team members to ensure that the duties assigned to the team are effectively carried out;
- Reviewing the regular off-site reporting, including annual financial statements and returns;
- Assisting the Trusts and Trustee Supervision team as required;
- Assisting in dealing with queries from registered persons relating to supervision;
- Attending meetings internally as well as externally with registered company service providers;
- Other ad hoc assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that may arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate;
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the function.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in law, finance or other related backgrounds. The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also have worked at least five (5) years in the area of financial services.
Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The Client is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact.