The eventual appointee will be joining the Corporate Services Provider team in the review of conduct of the respective licence holders. Reporting to the Senior Manager within Conduct Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- participate in and lead onsite supervision inspections to verify that registered Company Service Providers are meeting the requirements of the Company Service Providers Act and the relevant rules issued by the MFSA;
- mentor and manage junior team members to ensure that the duties assigned to the team are effectively carried out;
- reviewing the regular off-site reporting, including annual financial statements and returns;
- assisting the Trusts and Trustee Supervision team as required;
- assisting in dealing with queries from registered persons relating to supervision;
- attending meetings both internally and with registered company service providers;
- carrying out ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that may arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate;
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the Unit.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in law or in another finance related background.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of financial services.
Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years within a compliance or an investigative and/or analytical environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.