Senior Analyst (Actuarial) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 6
|Job Title:||Senior Analyst (Actuarial) within Insurance and Pensions Supervision - Grade 6|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2018 09:08|
The Role of Senior Analyst
The eventual appointee will be joining the Finance team in the analysis of information required for regulatory purposes. Reporting into the Deputy Head- Finance within the Insurance and Pensions Supervision, the individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Responsible for coordination of daily tasks for the actuarial team including direct supervision of junior actuarial analysts in IPSU;
- Assist in managing the team involved in the pre-application process for full and partial internal models for the Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR) calculation;
- Assist in managing the team working on approval for undertaking specific parameters;
- Analysing and expressing an opinion on the reporting obligations of insurance and reinsurance undertakings pursuant to the Solvency II Directive, including reporting in terms of the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA);
- Analysing of insurance and reinsurance undertakings’ technical reserves;
- Providing input to the on-site visits with respect to the Solvency II requirements;
- Reviewing all actuarial and statistical reports produced by the Actuarial team in the Unit.
- Contributing on papers issued by the IPSU on Insurance related subjects.
- Participation in meetings with licence holders;
- Participation in the delivery of any exercises carried out by EIOPA and/or MFSA e.g. stress test, etc.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Actuary, Insurance or any other related financial services area.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- The applicant is also to possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of insurance or pensions finance. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's