23 days ago
An international finance service provider specialised in pension and insurance is looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst who will help to manage the team involved in life and non-life insurance and reinsurance undertakings.
- Responsible for management and coordination of daily tasks for the actuarial team including direct supervision of actuarial analysts,
- Leading teams managing the pre-application process for full and partial internal models for the Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR) calculation;
- Leading teams working on approval for undertaking specific parameters;
- Providing opinions and recommendations on the reporting obligations of insurance and reinsurance undertakings pursuant to the Solvency II Directive, including reporting and oversight of the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA);
- Analysing of insurance and reinsurance undertakings’ technical reserves;
- Leading teams at on-site visits with respect to the Solvency II requirements;
- Reviewing all actuarial and statistical reports produced by the Actuarial team in the Unit.
- Contributing on papers issued by the IPSU on Insurance related subjects.
- Leading meetings with licence holders;
- Applicants should be fully qualified actuaries and a member of the Institute of Actuaries (FIA) or body of similar standing.
- Applicants who are in their final stages of becoming fully qualified actuaries may also be considered. Eligibility
- Applicants will have worked in an insurance, quantitative or actuarial environment, preferably in an oversight capacity, for a number of years with a required minimum of eight (8) years and preferably with twelve (12) years;
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of regulation, principles and best practice in the area of Insurance and/or Pensions;
- Applicants are required to have leadership and people management skills, be able to improve and challenge processes and processes and procedures, and be able to manage competing priorities and a challenging workload