Senior Accountant - Pharmaceutical
|Job Title:||Senior Accountant - Pharmaceutical|
|Location:||Zebbiegh, Mgarr, Malta|
|Contact Name:||Andre Despott|
|Job Published:||July 11, 2017 17:19|
Our client is an international pharmaceutical company with offices in over 30 countries worldwide. Headquartered in the US, the company has grown in presence and size in Malta and is renowned for their staff satisfaction & retention.
They are looking for a Junior Accountant to join their in-house team, reporting directly to the Senior Accountant and supporting the Corporate functions and processes, where necessary. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles with good attention to detail and a firm dexterity with numbers.
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE
- Chance to establish a career in a large international company
- Occasional international business travel
- Generous salary
- New position within the company with room for evolution
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Assisting in the processing of financial statements including balance sheets, income statements in accordance with legal accounting and financial guidelines.
- Meticulous maintenance of company databases to ensure that information is accurate and immediately available.
- Assisting with the preparation of weekly/monthly reports.
- Assisting with monthly/yearly closings in cooperation with the Senior Accountant and Corporate Director, Finance.
- Assisting with other accounting projects, as per company requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Initial stages of ACCA qualification or equivalent
- Previous work experience a bonus but not essential as full training will be given
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Language Requirement: - Good level of English