For the Securities Officer position, the ideal candidate will be supporting the trading team on day-to-day operations
The job entails:
- Assisting with trade executions; performing post and pre trade checks and effect all the necessary bookings on the customer accounts;
- Preparing the necessary documentation and all necessary tasks for the dealing of subscriptions and redemptions of units in collective investment schemes;
- Supporting traders in Foreign Exchange execution; performing post and pre trade checks and effect all the necessary bookings on the customer accounts;
- Performing and keeping record of daily trade reconciliations;
- Maintaining existing spreadsheets and tools used by the desk;
- Netting off daily deals with counterparties;
- Record keeping and safekeeping of securities and reconciliations with counterparties;
- Assisting Customers, Fund Managers and Administrators with various trade related queries;
The ideal candidate should:
- Be in possession of a Degree in Banking & Finance or related discipline or Diploma from a reputable college, institute or professional organisation demonstrating further education and training or have previous experience in a similar position with a reputable firm.
- Have good knowledge of capital markets, financial products and asset servicing.
- Be well organised and flexible to learn and perform different tasks and duties.
- Have good IT and strong attention to detail.
- Be able to work in a team.