With a solid track record of financial strength and stability, our client stands as a leading provider of financial services in the SADC region. We are currently looking for a Transaction Monitoring Analyst to integrate the Transaction Monitoring Control Department within the Group.
Responsible for the management of the sanction alerts generated for client static data and client transactions for the Group. The role is a critical element of the Bank’s defense against money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud.
- Monitor the departmental queues for alerts on a regular basis throughout the working day ensuring management are aware of outstanding alerts at end of day.
- Be familiar with the departmental systems/processes and their implementation.
- Review sanction alerts in line with prescribed procedures:
- Investigate the individual alerts to determine if there is a potential match with a designated individual or entity or country.
- Follow the standard investigation steps.
- Clear sanction alerts only where the prescribed number of potential match criteria can be eliminated, reviewing at a minimum:
- Name matches – first, middle, surname
- Date(s) of birth
- Place of birth
- Externally available information
- Where the sanction alert relates to a transaction, assess if there is anything else unusual about the transaction or the client profile.
- Review the client KYC profile to provide background information including the disposition of any previous alerts on the client.
- Where there is insufficient information available to clear the alert or where there is a requirement for guidance, escalate in line with the procedures.
- Where the alert is deemed to be a true match, follow the procedures ensuring Compliance is aware and that the required blocks are put in place.
- Create and maintain accurate and concise records of all investigations undertaken including details on the rationale for any decisions made.
- Assist with the preparation of departmental Management information reports
- Provide input to the maintenance of the departmental procedures.
- Any other associated duties required from time to time to meet the departmental responsibilities and goals.
Requirements & Skills:
- Relevant compliance experience and/or suitable qualifications.
- Proven track record in similar function in the financial services industry with at least two years’ experience.
- Regulatory environment and risk management.