Risk Officer (Insurance)
|Job Title:||Risk Officer (Insurance)|
|Salary:||Euro 45,000 to Euro 50,000|
|Contact Name:||Tijana Tufek|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2019 10:00|
Well established international insurance firm is seeking to employ a Risk Officer for its Malta Office.
The Risk Officer will be based in Malta as part of the firm's Global Risk Management Department. The successful candidate will be supporting the Head of Risk Management and will be responsible in establishing a wider Global Risk Management Framework.
Job duties include:
- Design, implementation and maintenance of a robust Risk Management Framework which is capable of identifying, assessing, monitoring, mitigating and reporting of all material risks faced by the firm, in line with the Board direction.
- Providing appropriate challenge to operational management and other second line of defense functions
- Monitoring that the risk practices deployed are in compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements and in line with the good market practice
- Assisting the Head of Risk Management, Board, Risk& Capital Committee and senior management in carrying out their respective responsibilities - always in respect of risk management
- Support the Head of Risk Management on risk related topics for regulatory and other external stakeholders - as applicable
Skills and Qualifications required:
- University Degree in Risk Management and/or relevant professional qualifications
- Candidates with 6 + years of experience in insurance industry - risk management will be given preference
- Significant risk management experience and understanding of local and SII regulatory framework
- Good understanding of capital modelling outputs and their use
- Comprehensive knowledge of the insurance market and the applicable regulations
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's