A public limited liability company domiciled and incorporated in Malta during 2014, is currently looking for a Risk Officer to join their team.
- Support the Chief Risk Officer in managing the implementation of all aspects of the risk management function of the Bank, including planning, designing, implementing of risk management processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks;
- Develop an understanding of applicable local and international regulations and keep abreast with new rules and regulations for their implementation;
- Manage the risk-assessment models and/or methodologies;
- maintain the risk registers;
- periodically review the Bank’s risk policies and procedures;
- Monitor that all policies and procedures are updated in line with the Bank’s requirements
- Monitor the Bank’s risk exposure, dashboards and limits;
- Conduct spot checks to monitor risk;
- Produce reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, and recommend changes;
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer in compiling reports for executive management, the Bank’s committees and the Board of Directors;
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer in compiling the Bank’s ICAAP, ILAAP and Recovery Plan;
- Ensure adherence with compliance regulations and requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a similar role;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Meticulous and organized;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Preferably a degree or diploma in banking and finance, statistics or related discipline;
- Exposure to risk management within a regulated entity would be considered an asset.