With core operations in Banking and Finance, in Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe, our client is looking for a Risk ORC Manager for its compliance department.
Risk identification, measurement and ongoing monitoring.
Risk Assessment Models and Policies
- Planning, designing and implementing risk management process for the bank by developing operating models.
- Update risk policies. Conduct audits of policy and compliance to standards.
- Identify risks associated with specific strategies, business areas and positions.
- Evaluate, monitor and review processes and implement measures to control and mitigate qualitative and quantitative risks according to the bank’s risk appetite.
- Evaluate risks of new products introduced by the bank.
Reporting on Risks
- Document and ensure communication/ awareness of risks to departmental/ business area heads for them to understand their accountability for individual risks.
- Produce reports that outline risk findings, explain risk positions and recommend changes to executive management.
- Produce reports on risk management for the Board and external stakeholders.
Regular assessment and reporting on Credit Risk
- Conduct regular assessment of credit portfolios in order to identify and analyse related risks.
- Attend ALCO meetings.
- Check ALCO papers prepared by Finance department.
- Providing support, education and training to staff on risk management.
- Preparation of monthly variance reports for management.
- A Bachelors Degree in Finance and a Professional Qualification in Risk Management.
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- 8-10 years experience in finance or risk management function.