2 months ago
A leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies is seeking to recruit a Risk Manager.
The Unit in which the successful employee will be working is responsible to conduct risk-related tasks and assignments in respect of control and oversight on an enterprise-wide basis, of the following risks: operational, liquidity, market, credit, concentration, regulatory, legal and residual (i.e. all other risks), in liaison with Unit Coordinator.
Job duties include:
- contribute to achieve the Unit's objectives as formalised in the periodic Risk Plans both directly (discharging certain higher-level tasks) and indirectly (by supervising their implementation through lower-level officials);
- perform ad hoc and other newly emerging tasks in line with service exigencies as dictated by both internal and external factors;
- contribute to the development, implementation and updating of risk and econometric models, risk metrics, risk management tools such as credit scoring models and other analytical models, risk rating of customers and other relevant risk management concepts;
- conduct reasoned analysis and be willing to develop further your analytical skills especially in relation to the following risks on an enterprise-wide basis: operational, liquidity, market, credit, concentration, regulatory, legal and residual (i.e. all other risks);
- interact closely with internal customers;
- participate to achieve and exceed the Unit’s objectives as defined from time to time;
- become familiar with the most relevant applicable regulations e.g. relevant European Banking Authority technical standards, MFSA rules etc.;
- assist in the compilation and timely submission of the Bank's regulatory reports and participates in the ICAAP, ILAAP and Recovery Plan processes;
- ensure that the Bank operates within the approved policies and risk appetite framework and ensure escalation when set limits and triggers are breached; and
- contribute to the identification and design of methods to monitor, assess and report different risks.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- have a Degree at a tertiary level of education in financial services, economics, econometrics, risk management, statistics, business management or equivalent;
- have previous experience in a similar or a related role, preferably including a combination of banking and/or risk management knowledge. This experience is considered essential for the role;
- be self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative with tight deadlines and adopt a solution-driven approach to work;
- have the ability to multitask;
- be meticulous in your work;
- be proficient with Microsoft Office application particularly in MS Excel and MS Word; and
- be proficient in both Maltese and English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.