Salary €50000 - €70000
26 days ago
A Senior level role within a well-established and expanding risk business function, the Risk Manager opportunity finds you driving operational risk and card scheme compliance across the business.
As Risk Manager, you will be uniquely positioned to help shape the critical direction of the company’s risk management and scheme compliance operations. You will be able to have an impact on the organisation by pursuing excellence in risk and compliance, driving awareness throughout the company. You will be proactive in your role, identifying and moving to resolve potential areas of risk.
- Assessing credit risk as part of the merchant underwriting process, ensuring appropriate mitigation (rolling reserves/collateral) are implemented and continuously reassessed.
- Monitoring current fraud (TC40/SAFE) and dispute (chargeback) levels, ensuring these are kept within scheme tolerances.
- Creation and submission of remediation plans for any breach of scheme thresholds.
- Execution of remediation plans within the scope of the scheme monitoring programmes.
- Ensuring the portfolio of merchants remain compliant with scheme core rules.
- Assisting clientele with implementation of current risk mitigation best practice.
- Creation of monthly/quarterly management information (MI) reporting.
- Monitoring of VMAS/MATCH/MRP listings.
- Operation and maintenance of fraud rule engine.
- Keeping abreast of latest scheme risk developments.
- Ensuring operational procedures are in line with group policies.
- Maintaining documentation of all risk related processes.
- Ensuring continuous training and development of risk team members.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in card acquiring risk / fraud prevention environment, preferably within a licensed institution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking, Finance, or Accounting
- Preferably already PQ approved by the MFSA
- Proficiency in written and Spoken English, German would be considered an asset
- Card fraud risk control awareness and competency with experience in Acquiring
- Experience with Fraud risk monitoring system functionality, operation and parameters knowledge
- Expertise and knowledge on market fraud trends
- Knowledge of card products, systems, authorizations, card scheme rules and transaction processes