A well established corporate services firm is seeking to employ a Risk and Compliance Manager. The manager takes over the responsibility of MLRO of the firm and leadership over the Risk & Compliance Team.
Job duties include:
- Navigate regulatory risk, especially financial crime, fraud, and regulatory compliance;
- Ensure regulatory compliance including money laundering, 4MLD, 5MLD and GDPR;
- Maintain and develop the risk-based approach to AML and CFT arrangements, carrying out regular assessments of the adequacy of systems and controls to ensure that risks are managed effectively;
- Drive and take ownership of identifying and mitigating compliance and financial crime risk;
- Develop, train, and ensure adherence to compliance/risk policies and procedures, develop an environment of regulatory awareness through a training and competence programme;
- Provide compliance advice to the board of the directors, senior management and the business;
- Act as the main point of contact for senior management, regulators and industry groups on compliance and risk matters;
- Manage the relationships with third party providers, such as KYC automation providers, regulatory advisors, legal advisers etc.;
- Lead and develop the Risk & Compliance team;
- Take on the formal responsibility for regulatory oversight including formal MLRO responsibilities.
- Proven experience in a senior role in compliance;
- Proven experience working within an authorised business;
- Demonstrable understanding of compliance processes and frameworks;
- Proven experience implementing/maintaining systems and controls for compliance;
- Knowledge of local and EU regulatory systems;
- Ability to make sound decisions in the best interests of the business;
- Solid understanding of all relevant regulations and systems used to implement/maintain controls.