3 months ago
An international financial services company is looking for a qualified professional to complement their Risk Management and Compliance Team headed by the Chief Risk Officer.
The chosen candidate will assist in the delivery of the following tasks:
- Maintenance of established compliance and risk management systems through the execution of policies and guidelines;
- Implementation and monitoring of compliance controls to ensure the company complies with the applicable laws and regulatory requirements, e.g. licensing requirements, reporting and disclosure requirements;
- Reviewing, drafting and coordinating implementation, where necessary, of norms for staff relating to compliance and risk management matters;
- Promoting compliance and risk management principles, communicating and raising awareness amongst staff, e.g. by providing training;
- Monitoring of projected revisions of legislation and plans to introduce new regulation and assess their potential impact on the company's business processes, e.g. implementation of new Data Protection Regulation;
- Supporting companies in Malta in corporate governance topics including support for Board of Directors’ and Committee meetings.
- Coordinating annual review and assessment of operational risk and Internal Control System;
- Supporting in the management of Information Security & Business Continuity processes;
- Recently graduated or 1 to 2 years experience in regulatory affairs, ideally in the (re)insurance field;
- Highly organised, precise approach to work, pro-active and result oriented;
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language to communicate verbally and in writing with people at all levels;
- A good understanding of Solvency II is considered an advantage; and
- Good team player with motivation for knowledge transfer.