|Job Title:||Research Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Stefani Grech|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2019 16:01|
A leading independent investment advisory and stockbroking firm are looking for a Research Analyst to join their team.
General duties and responsibilities
- Follow local and international financial markets on a daily basis;
- Review and analyse local and international company reports and financials;
- Attend local company meetings and broker briefings;
- Form an opinion on the state of affairs of local and international companies and formulate reports for circulation;
- Compilation of financial market reports;
- Maintain local and international stock market related statistics and databases;
- Provide additional related support to management and assist with other ‘ad-hoc’ requirements as and when necessary.
- Possess, or in the process of obtaining, a finance-related qualification, preferably from a reputable University, CFA, CEFA, or IMC;
- Have a strong interest and sound understanding of financial markets;
- Have a proven ability to analyse company reports and form an opinion on results and performance;
- Possess advanced report writing, organisational and time management skills;
- Be very fluent in the English language (written and spoken);
- Possess extensive experience in managing MS Excel at advanced level;
- Must be a dynamic, organised, and self-motivated individual with the ability to prioritise daily workload while working accurately and efficiently under pressure;
- Must be capable of taking full responsibility for duties assigned to him/her, capable of working on own initiative and to meet set timeframes and deadlines;
- Candidates with previous experience in a similar role and knowledge of financial market data software systems/portals such as Reuters will be given preference.