A top tier Law firm is looking for a mature, experienced person to perform the role of a regulatory advisor and form part of a team of lawyers and regulatory advisors dedicated to their insurance and pensions clients.
A suitable candidate for this role is a compliance professional who is comfortable in a fast-paced growth environment and is well-versed in regulatory guidelines and best practices for authorised entities in the insurance and/or pension sector. The role involves assisting and advising clients to be compliant with the applicable legislation and acting as a link between the clients and the Malta Financial Services Authority. You will be expected to keep up to date with changes in regulatory legislation and guidance.
Assisting clients in regulatory processes such as:
- Obtaining or extending a Licence
- Passporting by services or establishment
- Portfolio transfers/ Mergers & Acquisitions/ Re-domiciliations
- Support of or provision of Compliance Officer duties
- Assisting clients to develop required governance documentation
- Performance of gap analyses
- Reviews of regulatory reports
- Provision of compliance training
Qualifications & Experience
- Candidates should preferably hold a legal or financial services qualification from a reputable professional or tertiary education institution
- At least 10 years' experience in the insurance industry