Maintenance and servicing of equipment related to radio base stations and transmission networks.
- Upkeep of BTS sites.
- To carry out regular maintenance of all RBS sites.
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all BTS equipment.
- Upkeep of the transmission equipment.
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all transmission equipment.
- Upkeep of all equipment other than that found on BTS sites.
- To carry out regular maintenance of any other operational equipment used to provide service to Vodafone Malta Ltd subscribers.
- To carry out diagnosis and rectification of faults on all equipment described above.
- Installation work
- To carry out installation of RBS hardware on sites (including, but not exclusively, poles, cable trays, cables, antenna panels, microwave links and equipment cabinets).
- Work at height.
- Willing to work at heights (especially, but not exclusively, on telecom towers).
- Undergo training and certification courses for working at heights as per company policy.
- Undergo periodical medical examinations, as per company policy, to ensure physical fitness for working at heights.
- Call-out work
- Faults occurring outside office hours need to be attended to as required. Such work is covered through a call-out roster so that support to systems and equipment is effectively on a 24/7 basis.
Technical / Professional Expertise:
- MCAST BTEC national diploma in telecommunications or electronics or equivalent.
- Familiarity with common software packages like MSexcel, MSword and MSaccess considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Autocad considered an asset.
- Previous work in a telecoms environment considered an asset.
- Possession of Cisco CCNA certification considered an asset.
- Possession of Enemalta Licence A considered an asset.