Radio Networks System Engineer
|Job Title:||Radio Networks System Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Veronica Saavedra|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2018 10:39|
A well-known international company in the technology field is expanding the team.
- Responsibility of the core radio networks nodes and O&M platforms.
- Liaise with field technicians and transport network engineers to conduct configuration and commissioning activities of the 2G/3G/4G radio base station systems.
- General system administration of core radio network nodes (backup, user access, system monitoring, disaster recovery operation and test lab maintenance).
- Assist the radio planning and optimisation engineers in the planning, optimisation and dimensioning of the radio network nodes and controllers to ensure adequate quality of service.
- Provide top tier support to field technicians/NOC in the troubleshooting of radio network base station systems.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades/preventive maintenance across the 2G/3G/4G radio network elements in conjunction with vendor in order to ensure service uptime and introduce new functionalities in the network.
- Assist in the budget preparation of all elements related to core radio network nodes.
- Liaise with other sections in order to carry out the support function.
- Gathering problem symptoms, and implementing corrective action where applicable.
- Carry out the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary.
- Candidates must possess an EU citizenship.
- Valid driving license.
- Degree in Engineering, ICT or related.
- General understanding of Networking and Telecommunications.
- An analytical approach to operational issues coupled with strong troubleshooting, organisational and communication skills.
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge through both class based and on the job training.
- Be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision.