Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Responsibility of the core radio networks nodes and O&M platforms.
- Liaise with field technicians and transport network engineers to conduct configuration and commissioning activities of the 2G/3G/4G radio base station systems.
- General system administration of core radio network nodes (backup, user access, system monitoring, disaster recovery operation and test lab maintenance).
- Assist the radio planning and optimisation engineers in the planning, optimisation and dimensioning of the radio network nodes and controllers to ensure adequate quality of service.
- Provide top tier support to field technicians/NOC in the troubleshooting of radio network base station systems.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades/preventive maintenance across the 2G/3G/4G radio network elements in conjunction with vendor in order to ensure service uptime and introduce new functionalities in the network.
- Assist in the budget preparation of all elements related to core radio network nodes.
- Liaise with other sections in order to carry out the support function
- Gathering problem symptoms, and implementing corrective action where applicable
- Carry out the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Engineering or Bsc. ICT.
- General understanding of Networking and Telecommunications.
- An analytical approach to operational issues coupled with strong troubleshooting, organisational and communication skills
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge through both class based and on the job training.
- Be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision.
- Valid driving license
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.