5 months ago
As a Radio Networks Planning engineer, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, optimization and enhancement of GSM/UMTS/LTE mobile wireless networks together microwave point-to-point links.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Performing radio site surveys, site candidate evaluation / selection and link budget planning for both new radio site integration and/or radio site relocation.
- Use specialised propagation modelling tools to conduct coverage planning, interference analysis and optimisation.
- Carry out optimization techniques (antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance) for optimal site/cluster performance.
- Define and/or adapt processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks
- Assist in the budget preparation for all aspects related to radio network design.
- General system administration of radio network planning server machines.
- Liaise with other sections in order to carry out the support function.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- MQF Level 6/7 in Engineering, ICT or Physics (with specialisation in applied electromagnetism)
- General understanding of Networking and Telecommunications. Knowledge of RF related concepts as applied to mobile radio network design together with a good knowledge of radio propagation modelling will be considered an asset.
- An analytical approach coupled with strong organisational and communication skills
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge through both class based and on the job training
- Be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision
- Valid driving license