8 days ago
The primary responsibility of the Quality Assurance Team Executive would be to act as a customer representative in Quality Assurance Activities of new technology products and services. To perform this this role s/he would be responsible for;
- Vetting and reviewing design documents submitted by product architects and owners.
- Estimating efforts for all phases of the testing cycles.
- Designing, authoring and executing test scripts.
- Recording and documenting all test outcomes and defects in the issue tracking system.
- Adhering to test plans, task assignments and providing status reports as required.
- Taking a pro-active and dynamic approach towards problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Extracting and reporting status updates and KPIs to the QA Team Lead and Project Managers.
- Gathering and managing all the necessary documentation related to quality assurance such as test results and project release documents.
- Maintaining a healthy communication with all project stakeholders.
- Regularly measuring the quality of deliverables from the development teams and vendors to provide useful KPIs to the technology managers.
- Ensuring that products adhere to the agreed functional / non-functional specifications and the final product is fit for purpose and use.
- Proposing improvements and suggestions across the board to encourage a CI mindset.
- Assuming an active role in post-mortem and improvement meetings from a quality perspective
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A degree or an equivalent certification in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in software testing or similar roles.
- Practical experience of testing tools such as SoapUI, Jmeter and mobile app emulators.
- Practical knowledge of SQL DML queries using Toad for Oracle, MSSQL Studio or any similar database clients.
- Knowledge of basic UNIX commands and clients.
- An ability to call RESTful and SOAP services and understand JSON and XML structures.
- A good understanding of software architecture principles and IT infrastructures
- Working experience with issue and time tracking tools such as JIRA.
- An intuitive skill and ability to troubleshoot, investigate and find root cause issues.
- Excellent writing, fluent oral communication and ability to work with an international team.
- An ISTQB certification will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge in automation and performance testing will be considered an asset.
- Skills in software development principles will be considered an asset
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. Vodafone, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at Vodafone.