QA Automation Engineer
|Job Title:||QA Automation Engineer|
|Contract Type:||Contract (Assignment-based)|
|Contact Name:||Meldon Borg|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2019 08:40|
The Quality Team is looking for a QA Engineer who can support the Quality Assurance team in IT and Network Testing. The chosen candidate would be responsible for identifying areas within the Operations field where automation and in-house bespoke solutions could be used to support Quality Control Verification on UAT and Production systems.
- Developing, improving & maintaining our test automation framework(s) by implementing code changes and suggesting best coding practices.
- Identify and create testing tools for the QA Team and other internal teams as required.
- Work with the QA team lead to effectively manage team scheduling.
- Be updated on the latest software development techniques, strategies & IDEs.
- Evaluate and identify the required test automation and test management tools.
- Be updated on the latest testing techniques, strategies, tooling/frameworks.
- Identify test metrics and benchmarks to be gathered prior to load/performance testing where necessary.
- Consult, create and manage load/performance/soak and regression tests as required.
- Create and run automated test scripts and adapt these for use as smoke tests on production environments.
- Be able to plan and build roadmaps for the framework.
- Manage own energy level and time.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- Some working experience in software development or similar role preferably using Java.
- Proven automation coding experience using the Selenium2Library web drivers or similar.
- SQL experience in Oracle/PLSQL/MSSQL etc.
- Experience in functional test tools such as Ready! API/SoapUI and JMeter
- Knowledge of performance and scalability test approaches as well as load testing tools such as LoadRunner/LoadUI/Jmeter Load CLI.
- Previous experience in serial programming such as GSM modem interface programming and the Hayes AT command set will be considered as a very strong asset.
- Scripting experience using Groovy & Grails will be considered an asset
- ISTQB certification will be considered an asset.
- Experience in working with a team and a mentoring mindset
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's