Software developer in Test
|Job Title:||Software developer in Test|
|Contact Name:||Darshinee Munsaram|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2019 07:11|
Castille Labs is looking for an automation QA who thrives for a new challenge. It entails the planning, design, development, maintenance and execution of software testing plans for a wide range of in-house developed and outsourced applications. The individual should have strong software development skills and a thorough understanding of software development lifecycle processes as well as quality assurance processes and methodologies.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of testing objectives and provide realistic testing cycle estimates.
- Learn and keep abreast with the evolving functionality of systems to be tested so as to be in the best position to design corresponding test plans.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated) to address business and technical use cases whilst meeting established quality gates and release requirements.
- Suitably select, create and maintain test data required for testing.
- Diagnose test failures identified, pin point source of problem (be it a defect of the application being tested, a configuration or environment issue, a problem with the test script, an issue with test data quality or some other matter), log such failures and track them from discovery through to resolution.
- Record and document results and compare them to expected outcomes.
- Ensure that test cases and test automation scripts used for regression testing of designated applications are kept continuously up to date based on application changes or defects discovered.
- Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and any other standards set by the company.
- Partner with development team to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Work closely with QA and development teams to help select test tools, design test infrastructure, implement automation and facilitate the software build/release process.
- Keep oneself up-to-date on automated testing technology, popular testing tools and the relevant technical and business domains.
- Support the QA team as required in meeting set objectives and strive for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 2+ years of relevant experience in the software development field as a software developer or tester, ideally with practice in the latter capacity.
- Good programming skills in Java, C# and/or other industry leading programming languages.
- Working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
- Experience working in different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX.Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, executing and maintaining test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated) to support various development methodologies.
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle as well as test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems & Integration, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity) and when to apply them.
- Able to perform all type of testing, including security, performance and usability testing.
- Hands on knowledge of automated test frameworks, preferably JUnit, Ranorex and SoapUI.
- Experience using applications and tools supporting source control and continuous integration, preferably Mercurial, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube and Nexus.
- Knowledge of other software testing tools in the industry, such as Selenium, Cucumber,Gherkin, Sikuli, etc.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- High level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, and ability to prioritize a large number of tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's