About Programme Management & Quality Assurance (PMQ)
The Programme Management & Quality Assurance office is responsible for the setting up of a single, centralised framework, designed to ensure the implementation and delivery of key organisational projects and other change initiatives within the Authority. Programme Management is responsible to define best practice within the Authority and aims to standardize quality assurance and change management activities thus introducing economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The Programme Management team is key towards ensuring the completion of projects within budget and in the established timeframes.
The role is for a Project Support Officer to manage and coordinate the administrative aspects of the PMQ team, making proactive decisions that will help the team deliver to the agreed timescales, working closely with all project team members.
Ensure that projects are adequately planned, resourced and supporting the team in delivering to high standards, on time and within set budget.
- Provide high quality administrative and project support to the PMQ Team.
- Support the PMQ team to build, format and disseminate project schedules, progress reports through the provision of accurate and timely information.
- Carry out all meeting administration through the organisation of meetings, minute taking and proactive follow-up action.
- Support project stakeholder relationships through proactive engagement.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services and initiatives to provide information, advice and support.
- Communicate accurately and diplomatically with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deal with sensitive and contentious issues and ensure these are dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- Work on own initiative on a day-to-day basis, autonomously and timely escalation of any issues that may arise.
- Ensure all members of the programme follow all relevant policies and procedures relating to the programme.
- Recommend any improvement areas in processes and procedures in terms of Project Services.
- Support the PQM team through the coordination of other admin work related to the procurement of stationery, hardware, software requirements as well as information resources.
- Maintain project related data and contribute to discussions as appropriate.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Project Manager from time to time.
- The role may require participation in off-site duties to attend meetings with external consultants or software vendors. Role may also call for duties outside office hours to tend to critical issues or recover impacted schedules to ensure adherence to SLAs.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in business, IT and/or change management or an equivalent professional qualification.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of two (2) years working experience in a Project Management environment as well as demonstrable management skills with a proven track record to lead a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Must be proficient in business modelling, business process improvements techniques, change implementation and planning, data analysis, organizational design, requirements definition, stakeholder relationship management and system design;
- Must be proficient with methods and techniques for preparing statements of requirements both orally and in writing;
- Must exhibit strong documentation skills and should have a good knowledge of the MFSA in terms of its core objectives and strategic goals;
- Must be familiar with standards associated with IT practice nationally and internationally;
- Must demonstrate a strong awareness of the uses of IT within the financial services industry;
- Must be able to facilitate remote and face to face meetings;
- Must have good negotiation skills;
- Must be able to communicate with various team members in an effective manner;
- Must be a team player and actively promote team spirit;
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills;
- Must be accurate and systematic in doing work;
- Preferably should have a good knowledge of the financial services industry;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least eight (8) years of relevant experience in a related environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.