Project Manager within Programme Management and Quality Assurance
|Job Title:||Project Manager within Programme Management and Quality Assurance|
|Job Published:||April 07, 2019 20:27|
About Programme Management & Quality Assurance (PMQ)
The Programme Management & Quality Assurance office is responsible for the setting up of a single, centralised framework, designed to ensure the implementation and delivery of key organisational projects and other change initiatives within the Authority. Programme Management is responsible to define best practice within the Authority and aims to standardize quality assurance and change management activities thus introducing economies of repetition in the execution of projects. The Programme Management team is key towards ensuring the completion of projects within budget and in the established timeframes.
The post is for a Project Manager in Grade 6 level and eventual appointee will be expected to report to the Senior Manager – Programme Management and Quality Assurance (PMQ) team within the MFSA. The role of the Project Manager is to scope, plan and deliver projects and initiatives to meet specified business needs, managing resources from several areas to achieve agreed cost, time and quality objectives.
- Ownership of execution and delivery of one or multiple projects ranging from large strategic projects to smaller tactical initiatives as assigned by the Senior Project Manager;
- Act as front-line team player within a centralised PMQ framework;
- Define project scope, determine project milestones and provide budget justification;
- Act as a central point of contact to internal and external project stakeholders to ensure compliance with agreed project deliverables;
- Ensure strict adherence to the MFSA’s project and programme management methodologies and Change Management and Quality Assurance standards;
- Administer Change Control and ensure that MFSA procurement procedures are adhered to;
- Take responsibility of the overall progress of project execution with strict adherence to SLAs and agreed timelines;Understand stakeholders’ requests and provide on-going support through the project lifecycle ensuring that any decisions made will have a measurable impact on and demand capacity and contingency planning of the Authority;
- Ensure timely estimations are provided by Change Management within agreed timeframes;
- Partner with Change Management and other Project Stakeholders in the preparation for status meetings with the Project Sponsor;
- Identification and resolution of issue and conflict management with clear articulation of critical dependencies.
- Maintain an accurate and unbiased reflection of project related risks and ensure timely escalation;
- Ensure that all delivery and testing cycles are properly planned with appropriate risk mitigation strategies;
- Provide the necessary training and business support to MFSA staff during User Acceptance Testing;
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Track progress and status of ongoing tasks and ensure timely compilation of project reporting;
- Maintain and store all project documentation in accordance to PMQ standards;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the Senior Project Manager from time to time.
The role may require participation in off-site duties in order to attend meetings with external consultants or software vendors. Role may also call for duties outside office hours in order to tend to critical issues or recover impacted schedules so as to ensure adherence to SLAs.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in business, IT and/or change management or an equivalent professional qualification.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of four (4) years working experience in a Project Management environment as well as demonstrable management skills with a proven track record to lead a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Must be proficient in business modelling, business process improvements techniques, change implementation and planning, data analysis, organizational design, requirements definition, stakeholder relationship management and system design;
- Must be proficient with methods and techniques for preparing statements of requirements both orally and in writing;
- Must exhibit strong documentation skills and should have a good knowledge of the MFSA in terms of its core objectives and strategic goals;
- Must be familiar with standards associated with IT practice nationally and internationally;
- Must demonstrate a strong awareness of the uses of IT within the financial services industry;
- Must be able to facilitate remote and face to face meetings;
- Must have good negotiation skills;
- Must be able to communicate with various team members in an effective manner;
- Must be a team player and actively promote team spirit;
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills;
- Must be accurate and systematic in doing work;
- Preferably should have a good knowledge of the financial services industry;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a related environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager (Cybersecurity) within Cybersecurity and ICT risk
Junior Assistant within Securities and Markets Supervision
Analyst (Trusts and CSPs) within Authorisation Unit
Analyst (Banking and FIs) within Authorisation Unit
Financial Analyst within Insurance and Pensions Supervision Unit