19 days ago
Our client is one of the leading freight forwarding companies in Mauritius. The company offers a wide range of services in the maritime and air freight sectors - clearing / forwarding and customs brokerage services.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful planning, coordination, and implementation of the freight and forwarding project with the needs to ensure business goals and objectives are accomplished within designated time frames and budgets.
JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all project phases, including planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure;
- Create project plans, including deliverable, activities, timelines and budgets;
- Apply appropriate project management standards and best practices;
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion;
- Lead communication with stakeholders and team members through completion of the project;
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders;
- Critically evaluate and analyse information gathered from multiple sources to ensure user requests provided address the underlying business needs;
- Ensure milestones are successfully met through oversight of project vehicles and coordination of resources (team members and third-party contractors);
- Work collaboratively with all departments impacting project;
- Assess, manage, resolve and escalate (if necessary) risks and issues;
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans;
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work;
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel;
- Ensure that testing activities meet business requirements and systems goals;
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications;
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements;
- Provide scheduled and on-demand status reports and updates.
- In-depth knowledge of the freight forwarding industry;
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills [English and French];
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail;
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities;
- Quality-focused mindset and adaptability skills;
- Good ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts;
- Excellent understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.