A specialist service provider offering full-spectrum corporate and fiduciary services, is looking for a Project Cost Controller.
- Monitors progress of the project from a budgetary perspective, i.e. actual v/s budget and forecasts;
- Liaising with the operations team to report on variances and their potential impact on budget, to recommend corrective actions;
- Monitors and approves payments/transactions in accordance with budget and in compliance with all procedures. This includes imports, dealings with letters of credit, personnel and office items;
- Understand project commercial terms and conditions to ensure that the project is in compliance with all of the financial terms and conditions of the contracts
- Provide analytical assistance as and when required;
- Carry out monthly controls, checks and reconciliations including but not limited to reconciliation of bank accounts, suppliers accounts and management accounts;
- Maintains contract documents and ongoing paperwork in an orderly manner;
- Ensure compliance with all tax and government filing as applicable;
- Assist auditors as and when required;
- Any other cognate duties that may from time to time be required which are appropriate to the role and business requirements.
- A partly qualified accountant with at least an ACCA level 2 completed or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior/semi senior position;
- Experience in construction projects is a prerequisite;
- Demonstrate skills and advance knowledge in MS Excel;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong propensity to take initiative;
- Ability to take on more administrative menial tasks.