|Job Title:||Product Controller|
|Location:||Ebene, Mauritius, Mauritius|
|Contact Name:||Hansley Sevathean|
|Job Published:||August 29, 2017 10:58|
A leading financial services group with worldwide banking capabilities are looking for a Product Controller to join their team. The Product Controller will be responsible for the Financial and Product control of the Front Office in Global Markets, prepares returns and ensures reconciliation of payments, market risk and profit and loss and is responsible for journal entries to the general ledger. The Candidate will be involved with valuation control and price testing as well as balance sheet and expense analysis.
- Review and provide a daily calculation of Profit & Loss (P&L), utilising market data from market risk and deal data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
- Review and provide a daily reconciliation of the P&L and product balance sheet between front office dealing systems, core banking systems, general ledger and dealers, utilising market data from Market Risk and Deal Data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
- Provide daily reporting, analyses and investigation of P&L and product balance sheet.
- Conduct investigations and provide resolutions of daily P&L and balance sheet variances.
- Prepare periodic P&L and balance sheet summaries/analyses.
- Liaise with all front office related areas (recons, front-office, back office and market risk).
- Ensure internal client liaison.
- Conduct ad-hoc assignments, projects and systems work.
- Design relevant business processes and system deliverables to implement new products and systems according to Global Markets Financial Control requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Report in relation to Global Market reports.
- Review all treasury fair valuations for accuracy and integrity and reconcile thereof. Prepare all journals with regard to fair valuation of treasury products.
- Ensure that accountings for transactions are captured and product set is complete, accurate and valid.
- Ensure that classification of assets and liabilities are in appropriate balance sheet accounts, and ensure that unsubstantiated balances and un – reconciled accounts are addressed on a timely basis, and escalated where appropriate.
- Understand, validate and process daily P&L entries into the General Ledger (GL).
- Review daily reconciliations between trading systems, sub – ledger and balance sheet.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree holder in Finance and Accounting.
- Professional Accounting Qualification
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role as well as managerial experience
Interested? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's