7 days ago
An established, leading company in the Media industry is seeking a full-stack developer to join the IT team. In this position, you will collaborate with editors, producers, designers, and other developers to create features connected digital-first multimedia projects and other platforms. You will own and maintain the internal build process for special projects and assist with building a range of internal and external tools to extend the editorial team’s digital-storytelling capabilities.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of programming experience and at least two years of recent work in PHP 7.
- A [S.O.L.I.D.] understanding of OOP and Design Patterns.
- 2+ years of experience with a modern backend framework. We use CakePHP.
- Deep understanding of unit testing. You instinctively write test parallel to your code.
- Experience with using and building APIs.
- Full Git proficiency.
- Good understanding of CI/CD.
- Experience working in an agile team.
- Good communication skills and a self-motivated approach to troubleshooting.
- Experience with working on high volume websites which could create a huge spike in traffic on certain occasions. In the last three years, on several occasions, it served over 4 million pages in a day.
- Experience with React.
- Experience with DevOps and Linux system administration.
- Experience with scalable applications deployed in the cloud
Proficiency in Python will bring extra points.