about 1 month ago
A leading firm is seeking to employ a Payroll Manager to lead a team of officers.
- Oversee and review the payroll preparation process including preparation of monthly payroll and preparation of bank files for a portfolio of clients.
- Assist and oversee the computation of social security and maternity fund contributions and employee taxes including tax on fringe benefits.
- Assist and oversee the preparation and submission of FSS forms on a monthly and annual basis.
- Coordinate the registration and deregistration of employees with responsible authorities.
- Liaise with other network firms on certain multi-national engagements.
- Manage the timely preparation of engagement letters and engagement acceptance procedures.
- Assist in the drafting of business proposals.
- Ensure continuous improvement of systems and processes, through identification of errors and their solutions, generation of proactive improvements along with their documentations.
- Monitor your team’s workload and outputs so as to ensure they are completing their allocated tasks on time and in line with outlined standards.
- Act as an escalation point for non-routine payroll queries from the payroll team.
- Proactively identify any potential issues or risks before they occur, all throughout which maintaining the integrity, security and privacy of payroll information.
- Maintain and develop positive and effective working relationships in order to be an effective link and point of contact from a payroll perspective for our clients.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures and keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the payroll at a local and EU level.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees within the team; and following up on work results.
- Maintains our payroll team by counseling, coaching and developing our more junior members of the team of up to 3-4 payroll advisors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a payroll, preferably in a managerial role.
- A solid payroll background and well affluent with employment income tax, social security and fringe benefit rules and regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Engaging and robust personality.
- Understanding of payroll from a human resources and employment relations contexts.
- Ability to manage and lead a team to excellent and consistent performance.
- Be smart in appearance and have an outgoing personality.
- Be highly organized and an excellent team player.