Established company in technology is currently looking for a Packet Core Senior Engineer
- Managing packet switched networks infrastructure installation, operation and maintenance with main focus on the Packet Core nodes, supporting nodes and the mobile data service
- Carrying out dimensioning and capacity planning of the packet core infrastructure
- Assisting the Networks Manager in defining the infrastructure roadmap and budget planning and management
- Maintaining and ensure that system monitoring, perform network optimisation and preventive maintenance are carried out in order to guarantee the best possible level of service and availability
- Compiling the necessary KPIs and performance trends for management reports
- Carrying out design & specifications for upgrading or installing new systems/processes, including evaluation of new software/hardware features.
- Drawing up acceptance test procedures in conjunction with suppliers to be able to carry out the agreed acceptance testing.
- Attending regular technical and managerial training in order to ensure maximum effectiveness in management of the function.
- Provide training and mentorship to team members
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in TCP/IP based systems, networks configuration and troubleshooting at all layers including at least 2 years as a team leader.
- Possession of MQF level 6 certification, preferably in electronics, computing or engineering
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- CCNP certification
- Preferably with good knowledge of VMWare and virtualisation
- Preferably worked in service provider environment